Friday, November 6, 2015

OOOH BABY! He is coming SOON!

Well, I am sitting here in my bed this morning 39 weeks pregnant. Just a few days shy of our due date (Tuesday)! I have never been MORE excited to meet our little one...seriously, I can barely contain my excitement. It's all I think about. Patience is the keyword for me. Nursery is done, his clothes are all washed (with the most divine smelling baby detergent), the thank-you letters are sent out from the showers, walks around the neighborhood have begun (just to see if he is ready :), I have deep-cleaned our house countless times (nesting to the max!), and the hospital bag is packed by the door. 
We are ready whenever he is. 

As I sit here waiting for our little one to make his great debut, I have had time to reflect over my first pregnancy. It has been a truly miraculous process to be apart of. My heart wants to burst with excitement and love already. It has been beautiful to watch my body change as it nurtures and grows a HUMAN! Can you believe bodies can do this?! I am still in awe at the process and even more grateful to God for allowing me to be apart of this miraculous process. These last 9 months have given me a greater love for Carson and gratitude for my body and all that it can accomplish. [I have also learned of a few limitations (Hydronephrosis), learning when to relax, or pulling ligaments at track practice when you are 38 weeks pregnant.]

Over the last 9 months, Carson hasn't missed one doctor's appointment with me. Together, we have shared in this excitement and preparation. It has been so fun for me to already see Carson get into Father mode--he talks/sings to him regularly and kisses him before he goes out the door..hahaha. I also have to give a special shoutout to Carson for putting my shoes on the last few weeks, lifting me into and out of bed (bc sometimes I think I am superhuman at track practice), and faithfully answering all of my phone calls! I could not do this without you, Love! 

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT THIS NEXT WEEK HAS IN STORE....we are just holding our breaths...waiting for your arrival, little one! 

(the following pics are mainly for me to document this pregnancy (so many good memories!), I have not put these pictures in one specific location yet....)

 5 weeks                                                         38 weeks
 
11 weeks                                            14 weeks
                                                                                            Our first "picture" of him^^^
WE ARE HAVING A BOY!!!
18 weeks--How many people get a real life "Before and After" ? Being an identical twin offers a unique perspective on the beautiful capabilities of the human body. I got a little teary when I saw this picture for the first time bc of the support and love that is already developing for this baby! 
                                     23 weeks                                            27 week (borrowing a swimsuit can be tricky...)

Baby Garrett has gone to Alaska, London, Denmark, and Poland!
25 weeks
28 weeks
29 weeks---we ended up walking over 78 miles in Europe. Towards the end of the trip, I could feel my body getting slower and our sweet babe getting bigger. No matter what country we were in, however, people were so kind to me. I was often in awe, even when we couldn't speak the same language, people offered me their seats or lifted my suitcase. Its a beautiful journey to experience the changes of the world, both, outside of me and within.
37 weeks
 
Prepping the nursery--yes, this was Carson's first reaction to testing out the rocker.. :)
Baby Garrett has helped me Coach XC this season....from running, to riding a bike, to waddling and cheering...we made it through the entire season!!
Last week, we dressed up for Halloween as Flounder + Ursula & a participated in a Music Video! 
39 weeks and still kicking...

.....and now we go on regular, morning walks together! 
Having you here with us is all I ever dreamed of! We love you already, Baby Garrett! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rach! So happy for you guys! And now he's here and more precious than I could even imagine! He is such a champ! So, so ebullient for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete