Wednesday, May 7, 2014

It happened

It happened…..Cars + I moved into our first little "home" this week.

 I could not be more obsessed with the hardwood floors and the natural light…..and this bus from 1932 is in the backyard--I know, right. 
such a random gem.

***

Today, I was sitting on the gym floor waiting for a thunderstorm to pass to run the region track meet. My athletes started telling me their first kiss stories and terrible dates. we laughed + laughed. Then they turned to me and asked a million questions about "our story." They were so curious. I told them something a little like this:


I sat there on the gym floor thinking….how did I get here? I swear I was just in their position, a 15 year-old, crazy about a tall, goofy 16-year old boy experiencing first kisses and giddy dates--> trying not to completely humiliate myself in front of the boy I came to love. Cars would come watch me run in all of my high school track meets…..and here we are--married--and he is still my #1 fan. I feel like I spend every waking second on these kids and here he is cheering me on as a teacher + a coach of my own track team. 

I guess I am just overwhelmed with gratitude. Gratitude for that boy who walked into my math class so many years ago. He is the reason I live. Grateful we got married. Grateful for years of his support. Grateful to live in a darling LITTLE house--like the ones I used to draw in pictures. 
It is kind of cool how life turns out! 


Who wants to come visit????
(To ALL who helped us move--we are so grateful. we LOVE you!) 

8 comments:

  1. Ok Rachel, I'm totally going to sound like a creep, but I just must tell you that I'm seriously in love with you two! I want to live next to you guys someday, cause you guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke-your comment made my day. Can we pleaseee live next to you? We would come over to play with you guys and darling little Oakley every day!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful and I want to come and visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Audryn! Come. Over. ASAP. Love you.

      Delete
  3. How exciting for you guys! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are so incredibly photogenic! Beautiful. This video is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kels, you are so sweet, thank you. We thought the vid-idea would be fun too! You look like you are living it up in NYC! I hope all is well with you and Michael.

      Delete