Saturday, January 23, 2016

Finn's First Month




You are so expressive. Ah! I die every time you smile! (You had a little "red beard" rash for a few days.)

The Many Faces of Finn:
Finn, you have been the sweetest baby. You have a calm, pleasant, and happy demeanor about you. 


( Nov. 22, Bottom left: Nov. 29)
You are a very alert and curious newborn. You love to look at various things around you and are very responsive to movements and sounds. People often comment about how much older they think you are by how quickly you are progressing. 

Our First Trip to Walmart ^^ 
You always want to be out and about to see everything.

DAD IS HOME FROM WORK!!!!!!

You were born with superhuman strength, seriously. You started holding your head up days after you were born and you have the most defined little arm and leg muscles. Every doctor appointment, a comment is made about your incredible strength and the nurses swoon over you at every appointment.  (Dec. 4 ^^)
Dec. 6, 2015

Dec. 8, 2015
You started to smile by 4 weeks...and my heart about burst into a million pieces (Dec. 6)!
You were ready for the prayer for dinner ;) (upper left)
 
You love to sleep with your hands by your face. (Nov. 18)
 
You had a slight degree of jaundice your first week.
Dad's massages regularly calmed you down when you were 3 weeks old! 
You are a fantastic eater and gained your birth weight in half the time. Breastfeeding was such a smooth process with you. You latched on the first time in the hospital. You aren't a binky-baby, however! (This was a one-time thing, Mr. Wabbanub.) 

Our First Thanksgiving as a family of three.


(We were still in Zombie mode at this point!)

You have always LOVED the water.  Nothing but happiness when it's bath time! (Dec. 5)


 Did I mention, you were gifted so many luxurious blankets...you pretty much sleep in the clouds!

I have laughed so hard at these photos. In my head, I heard...
The one on the left: Yo Mom, I'm ready for my diaper change now! 
Right: No more pictures, please! (he does have a point...I have about 1.5 million of him on my iphone)

I also must give a shoutout to these two amazing women.
Your Grandma's were INCREDIBLE, Finn! Between the two of them, they kept me alive and happy while I was trying to figure out how to keep you alive and happy! They have loved you, unconditionally, the moment you were born. Words will never adequately articulate how much I love and am grateful for these two women...especially in the first few weeks of your birth. I have an even deeper respect and appreciation for motherhood; it is the most rewarding, emotionally investing, and life-altering role on the planet. 

Finn, you are EVERYTHING to us.You have brought your Dad and I so much joy already. You have us wrapped around your little finger; we watch, in awe, at everything you do. Life has greater meaning for us since your arrival. I go to bed feeling like the luckiest woman in the world to have you and your father in my life. I wake up with you in the wee hours of the morning and through my tired eyes, I can't help but smile at how much joy you bring me. You have the sweetest, most pure spirit. I feel so close to heaven when I am with you.  Deep down, I know you are going to accomplish some pretty incredible things in your life, Finn. You are something special. I hope you know your mom and dad will ALWAYS be your #1 fans!   P.s. Sorry I bombarded this post with pictures of you...each of these photos has a special memory for me...that I never want to forget. 

Love, Mom
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment